This documentation is for Ethers v5.
For Ethers v6, see v6 beta documentation.
The ethers.js library aims to be a complete and compact library for interacting with the Ethereum Blockchain and its ecosystem. It was originally designed for use with ethers.io and has since expanded into a more general-purpose library.
- Keep your private keys in your client, safe and sound
- Import and export JSON wallets (Geth, Parity and crowdsale)
- Import and export BIP 39 mnemonic phrases (12 word backup phrases) and HD Wallets (English, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese; more coming soon)
- Connect to Ethereum nodes over JSON-RPC, INFURA, Etherscan, Alchemy, Cloudflare or MetaMask.
- ENS names are first-class citizens; they can be used anywhere an Ethereum addresses can be used
- Tiny (~88kb compressed; 284kb uncompressed)
- Complete functionality for all your Ethereum needs
- Extensive documentation
- Large collection of test cases which are maintained and added to
- Fully TypeScript ready, with definition files and full TypeScript source
- MIT License (including ALL dependencies); completely open source to do with as you please
This section will be kept up to date, linking to documentation of older versions of the library.
The content of this site is licensed under the Creative Commons License. Generated on January 16, 2023, 2:55am.